Alexander Mikroyannidis (The Open University, UK) gave an invited talk at the event “The Future Use of Self Sovereign Identity and Verifiable Credentials”, organised by the European Horizon 2020 project TOKEN. The event took place online on November 30, 2022. Alexander presented the lessons learned from the European Horizon 2020 project QualiChain and specifically from the lifelong learning pilot that he has conducted in the context of this project. QualiChain has targeted the creation, piloting and evaluation of a decentralised platform for storing, sharing and verifying education and employment qualifications and has focused on the assessment of the potential of blockchain technology. The lifelong learning pilot led by Alexander has explored the use of decentralisation technologies towards providing lifelong learners with transparent and immutable educational accreditation.
Other invited talks in this event included speakers from FundingBox, the European Blockchain Services Infrastructure (EBSI), and Walt.id:
- Introduction to the Token project, by Token consortium representatives
- Improving the Public Funding Distribution Process in Competitive Open calls using DLT, by Lynda O’Mahony, Project Manager at FundingBox
- Decentralized KYC for cross-border investment, by Xabier Chao, CEO FundingBox
- Self Sovereign Identity and EBSI, by Daniël Du Seuil, Convenor European Self Sovereign Identity Framework (EBSI) at European Blockchain Partnership
- Walt.id: Holistic open source solutions for a wallet-centric world, by Dominik Beron, founder of wallet-centric solutions at walt.id
- Qualichain Project: Decentralised Qualifications’ Verification and Management for Learner Empowerment, Education Reengineering and Public Sector Transformation, by Dr. Alexander Mikroyannidis, Associate Professor in the Knowledge Media Institute of The Open University
- The future use of SSI and verifiable credentials – Round table and Q&A (all speakers)
- Wrap-up and closing remarks, by Lynda O’Mahony
You must be logged in to post a comment.